It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, March 23, 2018

Rework

Who knew dogs had allergies?
This spring has been a rough one for people with allergies but little did we know that
when Harley started chewing on his paws, constantly, that would be the diagnosis.
So instead of playing with paints, this week we have been soaking the paws in Betadine and then 
epsom salts, feeding him antibiotic, prednisone and two antihistamines.  Full time job for sure.
But the worst of it is that he has had to wear the "cone of shame".
However, he has made the best of it.  His Bichon positive attitude shines through and those 
paws are improving, slowly.


So with little paint time, I grabbed an  old painting and reworked it, using geometric stencils
that I used a couple of years ago.
This is the result.


And that is my excuse for not throwing my not so favorite art away,  I love pulling
the pieces out and redoing them.  How about you?
I am not in love with this one, it may get another rework, next year.
Wishing you all a Happy PPF

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Poor Harley! Things like that are very traumatic for dogs and for their owners. He looks cute though with his 'lampshade'. My dog hated having to wear such things, and the cat was ten times worse! Your re-worked painting turned out very well. Have a great weekend. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

John R said...

Sorry to hear about Harley. We have two cats and and a dog. It's awful when they take ill. Your reworked piece is lovely. I really like it.

Christine said...

Poor doggie. Lovely abstract. I have reworked flower arrangements, not art pieces so far.

Faye said...

Susan, your reworked piece is so pretty. I love the color combination. I hope Harley is better by now. I did know about canine allergies b/c a dog from my past had them too.

Laila said...

Actually it looks very good, and your colors are beautiful. Sorry for your dog.

sirkkis said...

I agree Faye, your rework is great. Love the color combo.
I hope Harley get soon rid of the 'lampshade'!
Happy PPF and weekend xx

Latane Barton said...

I love the colors, the brights, the darks. They all blend together to make an absolutely gorgeous piece.

Linda Kunsman said...

Awe, poor Harley. But glad you know what you're up against and he's getting treatment. LOVE your abstract art - wonderful flow and vibrant color! Happy PPF!

denthe said...

I like how all those previous layers shine through. Gives it a nice depth. Poor Harley, hope he feels better soon...

A Colorful World said...

Very pretty design! I love the colors.

Beth Niquette said...

It seems like I'm always re-working various pieces. LOL I like your artwork--so vibrant. I hope your pup feels better soon--I have allergies too, and it is no fun!

Gillena Cox said...

Didn't know about dog allegories either.
Thanks for your lovely art this week re-modelling works.

much love...

SLScheibe said...

Beautiful art with such fun spring colours! Really pretty! Hope your little guy feels better soon! :)

DVArtist said...

Yes, our K-9 friends get the same illnesses as we do. Poor guy. Love your abstract it looks beautiful.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Great re-do. :)