It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, February 22, 2019

Learning from the masters

The past couple of weeks we have been studying the art of Picasso and Matisse.
Most recently we have focused on Matisse and this week our assignment was to do something
in a Matisse style.  I always have a problem with that because once I start painting, it becomes my style.  Unfortunately for me, that style is like neither of the above but more like that of a former kindergarten teacher.  Oh well, I am what I am and it is too late to change that!
So here is this week's project.

You can see, I have acknowledged Picasso in the corner.
Wishing everyone visiting today a happy PPF

P.S.
And from my garden today a very weird dendrobium orchid.


17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your painting, it's beautifully made. And what a strange orchid, I've never seen one like that before. Happy PPF and have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

R's Rue said...

Love.

sirkkis said...

Beautiful painting. Amazing orchid!
Happy PPF 💜🍀

Christine said...

Well I like your Matisse inspired painting, and the orchid is lovely.

Jenn Jilks said...

That is really cool!
Good for you for taking lessons. I just dabble.
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

Clare Lloyd said...

It’s fab, gorgeous colours

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your vibrant painting Susan-well done! And that orchid- very unique looking. happy PPF!

Lisabella Russo said...

Your painting is full of a unique charm! What a gorgeous orchid too.

JFM said...

Wonderful painting!
Fantastic Orchid!
Happy PPF 🎨

John R said...

I love this painting. The lines in those flowers are perfect; they bring the whole thing to life.

Sue (this n that) said...

Your painting is wonderful Susan, I love it.wow, that orchid is so unusual.
Happy PPF 🦋

Beth Niquette said...

I Loved your post! :D And I loved your wonderful artwork. I was also amazed at that orchid...never seen one like that before! :O Happy Paint Party Friday!

DVArtist said...

Well you did a great job and you always want your own style even in a class where you are suppose to imitate a master. I love love love your garden flower.

Tanza Erlambang said...

wonderful...love them all
have a great day

Raine said...

I think it looks wonderful! Happy PFF!

leekrek said...

so good, i love how the vase is black and white,my favorite color combo, the painting is well done

Cindy D. said...

I really like what you've done! The flowers are extra special because you used a different style and weight of line for each part of the petals, very cool!