It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, May 1, 2020

And some more collage

The days seems to crawl, but the weeks fly by.  How does that work???  I am busy repotting orchids as this is the best time of year to do it.  Each year it seems to get tougher, they seem to cling to their pots more and I struggle to complete one a day, with a day off in between.
The fight is on!

This year I have completed a lot of collage pieces.  I have tried different techniques and created lots of collage paper with my Gelli Plate.  They are all filed alphabetically by color in a big basket.  Sounds organized but it really is a mess.  I can never seem to find the paper I want because I can't remember what color it is filed under.




Here are a couple that I have done recently.  Both are on 30" x 30" canvases.  The bicycle was a real challenge until I covered it with tissue paper and Elmers glue (and ½ water), let it dry and they put a raw umber glaze over it to make it look antique.


My seven year old granddaughter said "I hate to tell you this Nana, but you ruined it!"  I had wanted to call it "She's on a Roll" but on completing it I called it "On a Roll:".  What do you think?
Here's hoping no one has had to deal with the virus and that
we can all return to a new normal soon.

Happy PPF









10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm not a gardener, but I'm sure it's hard work. LOVE those collages, had to smile about not knowing which colour it was filed under, I know things like that! Have a great weekend, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

You are so talented making collages. Love the bright colors and the bicycle is wonderful.
I'm sure your orchids price you with lovely blooming later😊
Happy and healthy May ♥️🌺

Debra said...

I'm especially drawn to the collage piece with the vibrant red color. That is superb. I wish I could grow orchids. I tried. It died. I can grow other things-they just don't like me!

DVArtist said...

Love seeing you in the garden. Bikes are really hard to draw, paint or whatever. You did a fabulous job. Love the colors.

Christine said...

Beautiful work Susan! Happy repotting!

peppylady (Dora) said...

The deer been hard on my flowers. Art gives us all something to do during the virus.
ppf

Linda Kunsman said...

I admire those like you with a green thumb. Love your art- especially the bicycle one- I think the added elements and glaze are fantastic! Happy PPF!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Nice work. The antiquing effect is wonderful.

Kathe W. said...

love the collages-.....I do not have enough indoor space to have orchids....and they would DIE outside in winter. Lucky you!

Tammie Dickerson said...

I absolutely love orchids!! I need to repot mine as well!! Love your collage piece!!