It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, August 10, 2018

Kokopeli




I am a great lover of all things Native American.
I wear my turquoise.  For 35 years beautiful Navajo rugs decorated the walls of our home
As a child (some 65 years ago) we spent a lot of time in Santa Fe with a friend of my father.
He lived on the now famous Canyon Road in a home filled with Native American treasures.
We visited Santa Fe in early June and I was in my own private heaven.
That is the good news.  The bad news is that my husband doesn't enjoy the area AT ALL.
So it was a quick fix for me and we came home.
This was a floral that i was reworking without much thought.  Kokopeli just seemed at home on 
this primitive background and I like it better than the old floral.

An old cottonwood tree along Canyon Road in Santa Fe.  My husband gives you a perspective of the size of the tree.

Wishing all a Happy PPF

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had a trip down memory lane. Kokopeli is wonderful. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

JFM said...

Kokopel is beautifully created!
Nice that you had a chance to revisit a place that you love.
That is a beautiful old cottonwood tree.

Happy PPF 🎨

BrownPaperBunny said...

I haven't been to Santa Fe yet, but it's on my list. Thanks for your lovely post, and happy PPF!

Misty said...

oh I love your kokopelli!! Good job! :)

sirkkis said...

Beautiful native kokopelli. The tree is really awesome.
Happy PPF ♥

Christine said...

Lovely inspired piece today and the photo is lovely, I like the perspective your husband lends to it.

DVArtist said...

You did a very good rendition of Kokopeli, from the colors to the design. Very nice indeed.

sirkkis said...

Hello Susan! Thank you for your kind comment. It's not my painting. I have only altered the woman and child with photoshop effects an added more elements as flowers and text, and the background partly was made by me.
Have a great weekend xx

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like your Kokopelli [I must admit I had to look it up]. Magnificent tree.