It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, August 3, 2018

Working Big


This piece is big (for me).  It is 20" x 30".
I must say, the size put me off for a while and I really don't have a place to work on something
this big so it was a clumsy process.  Another thing that was new is that we used gold gesso
as our base coat.  Doesn't seem like much, but it really throws me off.  That said, it is good to stretch
your mind and try new things.   This is the second work I have done on the large canvas,
with gold gesso.

This was the first one.  I have two large canvases waiting but I think I need to get an easel
before I attempt anymore.
Wishing all a Happy PPF

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the idea of gold gesso, and your canvases look really good with the abstract forms. I enjoy working big, but have problems with small pieces! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Jean said...

Very interesting pieces. Think I would be scared of a canvas that big.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm loving these large works of art Susan, I have only tried gold gesso once in my art work and that was on a much smaller scale. You have set my mind racing now with the possibilities on a larger area.
I especially love those peeping gold circular shapes. Fabulous!
Thanks for sharing & Happy PPF Tracey.

LA Paylor said...

both are successes! I like your gold gesso look. And your profile description.

Christine said...

Lovely larger pieces, good for you stretching yourself, I should do that more. Comfort is the enemy of progress...The Greatest Showman movie.

JFM said...

Lovely canvases and gold gesso truly adds another dimension.
An easel sounds like a great idea for larger pieces.

Happy PPF!!!

sirkkis said...

I think the gold circles are great on the very interesting canvas. Really love it.
Happy PPF 🌺

DVArtist said...

Wonderful use of the gold gesso. I like working on big canvases too. I have an easel but like working the canvas on the floor. It helps me with depth.

Nordljus said...

I have never heard of gold gesso, but your paintings look good, I especially like the second one, circles always appeal to me. I agree, it's always good to try something new and challenge ourselves a bit.

Tarang Sinha said...

I like the textures. They look unique. And, working on big sized canvas is tough. I'm a beginner so I use small watercolor paper {A5}.