It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, July 22, 2011

I may never get back to my blog again.....


Harley joined our household yesterday.  It will never be the same.  Hadn't really planned on a puppy but was browsing the classifieds and there he was.  When I spoke to breeder, I was hooked.  A puppy raised in a household by two caring individuals with both parents present.  So off we went.  (Have I told you that my husband has a heart of gold, from time to time?)  
Three hours later we were home with our bundle of joy.  Wow, had we forgotten alot about raising a puppy.   This little guy is eleven weeks old, paper trained and clearly has a mind of his own.  My vision of him in his kennel at night was clearly not his vision.  By three in the morning I was seeing it his way and we both were dozing on the couch in the office.
Today, the top came off the kennel and a pet gate was installed at the laundry room door.  There, now isn't that just about perfect, Harley?  Absolutely NOT.  When we left for 15 minutes, he hurled himself at the gate and escaped into the house...just as he had planned.
We are losing, losing, losing to this 4 pound giant.  He will take over our house.  I just know it!

No comments: