It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, October 25, 2013

More yupo color



You may remember that I have been enjoying using yupo paper to create some wild color designs.
Today I decided to take one of the creations and play with it some more.
I gave the Createx paint on yupo a coat of matte medium.
Then I cut out circles, attached them to the painting with tape and rolled on a coat of white 
acrylic paint.  I am not sure if I am done yet but I sure like how the white sets off the
prettier parts of the painting.
This is the painting before I started fooling around with it.



This is watercolor on fabric, on yupo..another WIP.
I have accepted a full time position so will have to put my art fun on the back burner
for a while.  
I am excited to be working again but will miss my "play".
Happy PPF

13 comments:

  1. nice contrast with the black n white below..perhaps you could combine them digitally perhaps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new job, but hope to see your art from time to time! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan I too will miss your play-these WIPs are so colorful and exciting. Happy PPF- and good luck with your new position!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and original, beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the colors intertwine. :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing! Love how the colours come out in the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! Experimenting can be such fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors you get with the Yupo paper are so pretty and I love the texture you achieved with fabric. Congratulations on your job. I'm busy with my job right now, which is so hard, because I am obsessed with art these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this technique. The colors pop through the white background. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I buy supplies I pick up a pack of Yupo paper - love what you did there. Good luch with the new job

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love the colors. Congrats on your new job, I hope you will still have some time for your art too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful how the colors pop when using white around them :) ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Have a wonderful day and come back soon.