It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, June 29, 2018

Changing


Change is a constant.
It goes on in our lives and it goes on in our art.
As I have mentioned before, I love to rework old pieces.
This week I decided to show the changes one of my pieces has undergone.
It all began in an art class doing experimental backgrounds on yupo paper.
We used transparent paint and rubber stamps.

Then we were to add a whimsical floral design with opaque acrylics.




I was OK with it for a while but then added more detail



I was "OK" with this...for a while



And then I changed it completely.  And this is how it will stay because it is framed and I can't get at it.


And here it is at the local art center summer show for the next five weeks.
We are working on large, (30" x 40") canvases in our class right now.
They aren't cheap, but I figure I can repaint them several times.
The problem is that they definitely don't store under the bed.
Wishing all a happy PPF















12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great to see the metamorphosis of your painting, it's fabulous. I have a shirt with the quote "change is the only constant thing in life" Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Congrats, nice to see your lovely work out on display

sirkkis said...

Wonderful repaintings. The last result is lovely.
Happy PPF 🐝

https://decorcraftdesign.wordpress.com said...

Great transformation, the flower subject is fabulous and the background is amazing! It's surely deserve to be displayed.
Mel

Linda Kunsman said...

Love the gradual transformation and the end result. It looks great framed and hanging! Happy PPF!

Katie Jeanne said...

"because it is framed and I can't get at it"..you made me laugh!! I totally get that!! :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I thoroughly enjoyed observing the different stages your painting went through. It was like seeing a butterfly come out of its chrysalis. Thanks for your recent visit to my blog and Happy PPF!

denthe said...

I really love that background. And the transformation. It's good that you can't get at it ;-)

A Colorful World said...

I really love the way this painting developed in the re-work! beautiful!

DVArtist said...

I love this piece and how it morphed into the beauty it is.

Erica said...

Change is a constant, indeed! Beautiful

Nordljus said...

Beautiful transformation, you did a great job! How wonderful to see it framed and exhibited!