It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Thursday, March 7, 2019

In a canyon, in a cavern...

Mostly play this week and that isn't such a bad thing is it?
Classes are done and I am left to my own ideas.
I have had a couple of good art weeks.  One of my collages(that I had promised to my daughter) sold.  I call it "Anthology"
And then the three collages I entered in another show were all accepted and one received an
Honorable Mention award.  You have seen it before.  I call it "Junkyard"

.



This is "Anthology".



This one is just painting for fun.  I call it "Clementine".
My husband thought it resembled the crater on a volcano.  I remembered that VERY old song,
"In a canyon, in a cavern excavating for a mine.  Met a miner, 49er, and his daughter
Clementine."
That is a great example of the minutiae floating in my mind.
Wishing all a Happy Paint Party Friday!

P.S.
Inspite of our cold snap, my "guatamalensis" orchid is gorgeous this week.


12 comments:

DVArtist said...

I love your play. The first one is my favorite.

Sue (this n that) said...

Congratulations on your sale and also the Honorable Mention - well done!
I admire them all, especially Anthology :D)
The orchids are amazingly resilient aren't they... you've trained them well.

sirkkis said...

Congrats for your success! Your collage is inspiring - so much to see.
Happy PPF celebration xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Your at is wonderful, congratulations on your successes. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Not surprised your beautiful work sold! Lovely orchid.

Clare Lloyd said...

Well done on selling some of your art

Linda Kunsman said...

wonderful art Susan, and that orchid- wow! Congrats on your sales and accolades. happy PPF!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Huge congrats on the sale Susan, i'm sure your Daughter will be over the moon for you and will welcome any Collage Art you create as a replacement. Beautiful selection of art & that Orchid is magnificent.
Happy PPF Tracey.

Gillena Cox said...

Great art, Bravo.

have a nice weekend

much love...

John said...

Well done on your sale. I love these pieces. Those squares in 'Anthology' are super and I adore the colours in 'Clementine.'

NatureFootstep said...

lol, I remember that song :) If I hear it I would pobably be able so sing some of the tune :)

And, yes, it resembles a colorful volcano :)

Kokopelli said...

Love the orchid! Such a gorgeous color. And "Clementine" speaks to me. Happy PPF!