It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, May 8, 2020

Ephemera

Hello!  It is Friday again.
We are getting ready to have our lanai and cage cleaned so I
am not painting for the next week.  Having it cleaned involves moving close to 100 orchids, their tables and my painting supplies.
I just hope it stays cool.  I have been repotting some of my orchids and as long as it is under 90, I don't wear out as quickly.
In the meantime, my painting this week was done with a brayer.  


I like the texture you get with the brayer.
Here is another one that is currently on display at Art Center Sarasota.  I received an Honorable Mention in this juried show.


This was also done with a brayer and then I collaged the petroglyph designs.  We have seen petroglyphs in France, British Columbia and the Southwest and I am fascinated by them.
I was asked to gather three of my favorite orchid photos recently and I thought you might enjoy seeing them.


This is called "Celebrity:"

An Orchid Bouquet

Look at My Face

Aren't they gorgeous.  Growing them is such a rewarding passion, even when I do have to repot them.
Wishing all a happy, healthy PPF







15 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Okay so i used a new art work 'brayer' which i had been calling a roller😊
Happy PPF
much💙🌎💚lover

Valerie-Jael said...

The texture from the brayer is great, it's something I enjoy working with, too. Lov your beautiful orchids. I just have one, but it's not blooming just now. I'm hope fl, though! Good luck with getting all that work done, sounds like a major job! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Beautiful braver work Susan, your orchids are stunning!

sirkkis said...

You've grown most beautiful orchids, Susan.
Gongrats on being honoured of your art. It looks great. Thank you for sharing it and the beautiful photos.
Happy and healthy weekend 💗🌺

Barbara said...

Thanks for your visit, now I can follow you. Im in awe of your orchids growing. I tried that once, not for me. I didn’t know what a brayer is but have since learned. I love the look you get.p with it. Reading back in your blog, and from one Nana to another, you did not ruin the bicycle. It’s wonderful!

Linda Kunsman said...

Your orchids are gorgeous!! You obviously are giving them all the care, love and attention they need. Love what a brayer does for a painting! Happy PPF!

DVArtist said...

I really like the look of the brayer art. Good texture. Your flowers are stunning.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

the pictures look great with this way of designing and doing it.
The orchid looks so pretty. Vile is happy with it.
Greetings Elke

Debra said...

Oh my-your orchids are gorgeous. LOVE the brayer art too.

denthe said...

I LOVE your header Susan! And I really adore your brayer paintings. How beautiful, I so love the grungy look! Would love to see how you do that! Your orchids are gorgeous. Can't help but seeing a nose in the middle of that last one ;-) Take care & happy PPF! xox

peppylady (Dora) said...

That a lot of orchid. I find your brayer look interesting. Could possible use it for some of my ATC back grounds
PPF

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, love those backgrounds, the colours and textures. Beautiful orchids, my sister grows them and is obsessed. lol.

John R said...

Those orchids are beautiful. Love that artwork. Always amazes me how a bit of texture really adds to a painting. Stay safe.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely textures and flowers.

NatureFootstep said...

very interesting artwork. I like them. And, well, orchids are a favorite flower :)