It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, May 20, 2016

Reclamation projects



By now you are familiar with the multitudes of yupo backgrounds that reside under the bed
in the front bedroom.
This was a project to use some of those.
Am not sure if it is done or not.
I'll probably hide it for a few months and then take another look.


This was a weave using strips of old discards.
I discovered Rosie Kaplan on Facebook and she does some amazing circular weaves.
Couldn't figure them out but did come up with this .


And last but not least,
this was a background and I cut out stencils of the flower and the hummingbird and put them where the colors worked best.  I rolled it with green acrylic.  YUK it was way too green.   Another home made stencil of a picket fence (reversed) and I rolled it white.  Done, I think.
Happy PPF

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Weaving is a great technique, and you do it well, as does Rosie K. Love the painting with the flower and fence, very cleverly done. Thanks for your kind words on my blog, you are so tight in what you said! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Love all these pieces, great design!

SLScheibe said...

Very pretty! I think your weave looks gorgeous and I especially love that pretty flower. It looks like a hibiscus to me, so lovely with the warm colours.

Faye said...

Love the hummingbird piece. The picket fence did the job of toning down the green, but I love the green as it is.

sirkkis said...

Wonderful Art pieces.
Happy PPF ❤

froebelsternchen said...

Great pieces!!! Wow!
Happy PPF!

denthe said...

Great idea to use the picket fence! Love the hummingbird, as well as all the different colours in your weave.

Kristin Dudish said...

You definitely put your backgrounds to good use!
I love the colors :)

Robin said...

Wow, I hide all my "maybe" projects under my bed too! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hummingbird and flower. So pretty! Happy PPF and have a wonderful week!

peggy gatto said...

This is so clever! I loved visiting, lots of lovely pictures!

Beth Niquette said...

WOW! How creative you are! This is amazing!

Giggles said...

Wonderful..love your hummingbird and flower with the fence background!

Hugs Giggles

Nadya said...

Congrats on being featured artist on PPF!
I love the hummingbird and flower, they remind me of batik!