It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, July 28, 2017

Opportunity



It is too hot to paint on the lanai and I make too big a mess when I paint in the house
So not much painting is going on.
My inspiration here was opportunity.  I decided it comes when we least expect it,
and we almost never recognize it for what it is.
So this is my idea of what an opportunity might look like.
It is another attempt at the weaving.
The blue was left over paint from another project.  I had spread it all over  a piece of scrap
watercolor paper.
I may try this again without the petal shapes so I get a more abstracted look.
The petals are paint on paint but could be collage squares.

Then I added a trio of suns in my skies from last week
and a bit more turquoise.


Wishing everyone a happy PPF!
I am looking forward to visiting everyone and seeing what they are up to.


13 comments:

SandeeNC said...

I do agree that I think we rarely see the opportunities that are often right in front of us! I wish I could do abstracts, love the direction you are going in...also love the idea of having a lanai!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the weaving and the suns are a great addition. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Loving your creativity this week

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh how wonderful! The textures are beautiful.

Faye said...

I know that one with 3 suns is amazing in real life. I can see how shiny and textured it is. And the woven one is really pretty with all the tiny bits of color.

Latane Barton said...

It is difficult to get up much energy when the temps are so hot. But, you came up with a couple of delightful pics, regardless of the heat.

Linda Kunsman said...

These are both marvelous pieces of art!! Love the woven background on the first one, and the second one, well, it's a scenic view I love the most, along with that style. Great job despite the heat. Happy PPF!

Mandy said...

Lovely textured pieces..lxx

sirkkis said...

To paint a house is a great job! And your art for this week is delightful with beautiful colors and composition. Love both!
Happy weekend xx

Giggles said...

Great way to get your weaving fix in this heat... it's hard to take that's for sure!! Lovely works...stay hydrated!!

Hugs Giggles

Abigail Davidson said...

Fabulous color palettes and textures - the combinations are beautiful!

PiaRom said...

Wow so much yummy texture in your sunset piece! Very awesome!! ♥ Conny http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

Jo Murray said...

Great impasto!