It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, December 15, 2017

I hear that monkey again

Danny Gregory came up with the perfect name for that noise in our head that doesn't like anything.
He referred to it as a "monkey".
Well, the monkey has been raging in my head lately.
Nothing is "right", what ever "right" is.
So be it, I am a happy camper when I am painting.  The results just aren't "right"

This is the fourth layer...I am serious, there are 3 paintings under this, along with
collage.  The surface is all bumpy.  I have promised myself that I will not bury this.
I have to make it work for something.


This one also has a couple of pictures underneath.
Hopefully when the Holidays are past my usual positive countenance will return.
In the meantime, I will NOT let myself bury any more work until I am in a more positive
state of mind.

Wishing all a Happy Holiday Season 


This beautiful 15 year old orchid blooms every year at Christmas.  The blooms are about 7" across and the plant usually has about 30 blooms by the end of it's blooming.
Spectacular isn't it?
Happy PPF

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I have a couple of paintings I have been working on for years! Yours are both looking good.I especially love the dimension in the 2nd one. The orchids is fantastic. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Your paintings are just fine. The second is my favorite. Orchid is lovely.
Happy PPF 💕

Linda Kunsman said...

I quite like all the busy-ness of your layers! Gorgeous orchids. happy PPF!

Clare Lloyd said...

Super art

Giggles said...

I love the second one so much!! Your orchid is stunning...what a wonderful gift to bloom during Christmas!! I used to love that about a huge Christmas cactus I had!

Peace Giggles

denthe said...

I love the colours in the first one, and the composition and the texture in the second one. Gorgeous! Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!

Anonymous said...

your blooms are amazing!! Your paintings are beautiful,, I understand completely about the layers of paintings I have done that too, we know when we're happy and we get there in the end,, as long as we don't make mud lol,, I've done that too!!!!!

Christine said...

your orchid's a clear winner! Nice work anyway.

Mascha said...

I like the colors of both. I know that feeling, that a picture is not right, not, what I want. But the other see it with theier own eyes (well, that didn't help me - )
Marvellous orchidea!
Christmas time can be difficult, I often wait, that the daily life goes on, after celebrations.
Send you a little snow from Germany

baili said...

very charming art my friend!

loved the last one specially

Deepa Gopal said...

Even some of my paintings have paintings underneath!! Love the look of yours! And that's a gorgeous orchid! :)

Giggles said...

I was catching up and revisited this post...this time I see an elk face in that first painting...I wonder if you see it too...I never saw it the first time! Beautiful! Hope your creative mojo is back in full motion...looks like it from your post this week! Take care!

Peace Giggles