It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, December 29, 2017

Wrapping up 2017

At the end of the year I always contemplate where I have been
and where I plan to go.
This year I have focused on retiring, not quite accomplished, but almost.
When our art instructor retired at the Art Center, I was thrown into turmoil which I think
has pushed me into some growth.  Although I had trended toward the abstract, I hadn't 
specifically studied it.  I did that this year.   It is a tough stretch for me.  We will see what develops in the coming year.
Left on my own, I have painted more in a political direction the past couple of weeks.

#ME TOO
Collage and faux encaustic.
I have been so happy to see this #Me Too movement evolve.  I worked in the
construction industry (selling new homes) and I have seen a few scum bags in action.
It isn't just the high profile world, this happens in ALL businesses.
And on a lighter note, this was painted for my two angels, my mom and my sister.


A big thank you to Eva and Kristin for keeping this artsy family together on a weekly basis.
Happy Paint Party Friday

Cattleya orchid

12 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely art and a beautiful unusual orchid. Happy New Year!

Latane Barton said...

I love the painting you did for your Mom and Sister.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful art! I got a lovely orchid for my birthday last week.Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Lovely art, Susan. It's good to have plans for future and i wish you all the best and an inspiring year ahead 🌠
Happy PPF 💕

DVArtist said...

Susan I love your art and enjoy seeing each week. I look forward to seeing what you create for the up coming year. The beat in 2018.

Clare Lloyd said...

Super art projects

A Colorful World said...

Wonderful collages! I really love the bouquet of flowers.

SandeeNC said...

Abstract is a stretch for me too but I love it. We all need to stretch! Best wishes for 2018!

JKW said...

I love your intro abstract with amazing quote. I've never seen an orchid like that. #Me Too. Many Blessings into the New Year, Janet

stefanie stark said...

Beautiful artwork and it's such a great idea to include political thoughts into making art. I never did that before but should give it try. Wishing you the best for 2018.

Courtney said...

Lovely artwork. :) The orchid is beautiful as well....such bright colors! Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

Gorgeous artwork both politically and for your angels! You've got this! There are so many online classes and free youtube videos! You should check your area for an art meetup group if you want the physical support! Personally I prefer creating alone! All the best!

Peace Giggles