It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, May 25, 2018

Beach Music


This is this weeks project.  I think I will call it Beach Music.
It is paint and collage and a bit of sand on the bottom.
And then I was off to a class with a painting friend of mine.
We collaged, dripped and dropped paint and then did a loose floral on top.



The best news at our house this week is that an orchid that hasn't bloomed in five
years, did.  And I hadn't even seen the bud so it was a complete surprise.


Isn't it beautiful???
Wishing all Happy PPF and a happy Memorial Day for those in the US
Have a wonderful weekend.

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love both of your paintings today, they are so full of energy and colour - great! And your orchid is wonderful, I've never seen one like that before! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Jean said...

These are wonderful! Love the background work!

Linda Kunsman said...

Beach music- I love it!! the flower painting is wonderful too. And congrats on the orchid bloom-gorgeous! happy PPF!

Christine said...

Beautiful pieces and a lovely orchid!

denthe said...

we are watching the series " under the dome" here and your first painting made me think of that right away :-) I love the second one, those layers are lovely. And that is indeed a beautiful orchid. How fun that it decided to bloom again!

Robin said...

Your Beach Music is beautiful. I like the way you put in the shadows. It looks almost 3D. Your floral painting is gorgeous too! I have never seen an orchid like yours. Do you know the name of it? Simply amazing! This is an awesome post! Happy PPF and blessings to you this Memorial Day. Hugz, Rasz

Gillena Cox said...

Congratulations on your orchid blooming. Luv the floral on the drip art. Thanks for dropping by my blog today

Much♥️love

Sue (this n that) said...

Fabulous artwork Susan. Those little reflections on the first painting really make it pop! Great title too. Happy PPF!
How amazing to see your orchid in bloom :D)

John R said...

I think both your paintings are beautiful. So much colour and vibrancy.

Beth Niquette said...

Your orchid is amazing! As is your flower painting! Love the scattered pieces, too. :D

https://decorcraftdesign.wordpress.com said...

What a beautiful orchid and great colors on your painting.
Mel

Sreeja said...

Loved the first one...lovely flowers too!!

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

love how colorful this is