It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Thursday, May 17, 2018

More Redos


I was back reworking old stuff this past week.  I added some color to the flower and now it feels finished.  Weird how sometimes just a little touch of something puts your mind at rest, and you can sign and be done with it.
This was another redo.  Actually it was a yellow and blue acrylic "dump" that I had done some time ago.  I cut an inch off the bottom and an inch off the side and made the weave in the top
right.  I rolled it all with blue and then red violet, keeping some parts protected to preserve
the yellow.  This is done on yupo paper,

This was a bit of play with my favorite paynes grey paint.  I like to paint colors and then cover them up and scratch into them.

I am still playing around with the newspapers from our vacation.  I love the look of the background but haven't found what I REALLY love on it yet

This was a pretty playful week.  It is getting hot out on the lanai where I like to work so will have to shut it all down soon.  
Wishing you all a Happy PPF

This tiny little Maxillaria doesn't look like much but smells like coconut.  I love it when it blooms.



7 comments:

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi there Susan, your redos are wonderful and, yes, I agree, sometimes all it takes is a little something and it's completed.
Your flower is beautiful and I liked reading about what you use paynes grey for.
What a very special little orchid, I happen to really love the smell of coconut and (mind over matter lol), reading what you said, I could just about smell it too ;D)

JFM said...

Susan, I love redo's!
Sometimes the redo is what you wanted in the first place :)
These are all wonderfully artistic and beautiful!
Happy PPF 🎨

Jan

Christine said...

Lovely work on display this week and a pretty orchid!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your reworked pieces, glad you are happier with them now. Your orchid looks gorgeous. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

Isn't it interesting when we look back on some projects and with new eyes see them as unfinished and add to them...
I especially love the second piece! Happy PPF!

froebelsternchen said...

Great rework ! Awesome art!

denthe said...

I like your redos. You're right, sometimes it's just a small detail that can suddenly make it "ready", and sometimes redoing it just takes on a life of its own and the original piece isn't recognizable anymore. I like all of these.