It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, October 12, 2018

Fall???


The only time of year I miss Colorado is in the fall.
We used to enjoy the cooler weather and the beautiful color everywhere.
Even the sumac at the side of the highways turned a radient red.
In Florida the heat and the hurricanes continue.
I am so sad for all of the people in the panhandle of Florida.
Hurricane Michael was deadly.
We endured wind and soaking bands of rain for most of the past week but thankfully that was all.
Today is our last class in collage.  I am afraid that this one was a bit of a disappointment.
We just did our thing and didn't really acquire much new information.
To that end, if you are doing collage, could you share with me what you use to attach your paper?
I have been using Mod Podge and feel I get too many wrinkles in the paper.


I did this one at home on one of those boards.

This one only has tiny bits of collage.  I wanted to try a chili red base color here.
Wishing all a happy PPF
PS  My blooms on the lanai this week




11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your collage, especially the second one. I use decoupage glue which I thin down with water. Sorry to hear about the hurricanes, we saw pics on TV and it looked so awful. Happy PPF, hope the weather soon gets better. Hugs, Valerie

Clare Lloyd said...

Great collage

Christine said...

Lovely collages, glad Valerie had an answer for you! Your blooms are pretty.

Beth Niquette said...

I loved both of them, though the second is my absolute favorite. How talented you are! :D

Linda Kunsman said...

The hurricane devastation is awful but am glad to hear you were safe from the wrath. Fab looking projects! As for attaching the papers- if it's heavy paper or cardboard like I use gel medium. Otherwise I use matte medium or Collage Pauge. Happy PPF!

Lisabella Russo said...

I'm glad you are safe. These are wonderful!

sirkkis said...

So beautiful collages, the second one is my favourite. I made for this week also a collage but it is digitally made.
Happy PPF and weekend 🌸

DVArtist said...

Wow I love these pieces. The Turquoise is amazing.

artbyjune said...

Lots of people use matt medium for collage, or gel medium for heavier papers. I also use PVA glue with not too much water in it. Your collage pieces have lovely colors and look very interesting!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Very glad to here you were safe but so sad to see the impact and destruction it caused, the change in climate is having an impact world wide. Love your collages, I too especially love the second. I use different mediums when collage depending on the thickness of the material. Applying matt medium with a wet brush is my favourite and usually sorts out those wrinkles.
Happy PPF Tracey

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I am so happy to hear that you are unaffected by the hurricane. I can see why you miss Colorado. Your artwork is beautiful. Love the colours, layout and the text in the first one. Lovely blooms, such vibrant colours! Stay safe.

-Soma