It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, September 21, 2018

Collage Class

My first class in collage started last week.
This is not a good class for me.  I am one of those messy sorts and within minutes of starting a project, I have bits of paper scattered all over the floor, my desk, and my lap.
After several attempts at using a brush for the ModPodge, I resorted to using my fingers.
Now, the bits that were on my desk were stuck to my fingers (not to mention the globs of Mod Podge
that accumulated on my fingers).
The long suffering husband began to whine about the mess in my corner.
I am not sure where this will end, but here is my first week's project.


I think he needs more short bits on his face, but those were the bits that turned into goo on
my fingers.
Another class today.  Perhaps we will learn how to do this "tidily".
We had a beautiful bloom pop up this week.  It is a dendrobium orchid that pushed it's bloom up
through a palmetto bush.
Wishing all a Happy PPF


13 comments:

Christine said...

Great work on the collage, sorry it is so messy for you. Love the orchid.

DVArtist said...

I am with you. I am what is referred to as a "messy artist" It allows me freedom to create and not to worry about what is where until I am done. I love this piece. I think you did a great job.

sirkkis said...

Oooh this is adorable and great collage work from you!
Happy PPF xx

Crafting Queen said...

Love your collage piece.

Clare Lloyd said...

Love your collage

denthe said...

He's looking so cute :-) I can imagine how your workspace must've looked, it happens to me every time I attempt collage ;-)

JFM said...

Love your collage dog...especially this being your first try!
The Orchid is gorgeous!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

He's smashing you've captured real expression in his glance. Making a mess is all part of creativity, carry on and enjoy it!!
Happy PPF Tracey.

Sarah Leonard said...

I love your collage idea! It looks fantastic. I always find there's something quite meditative about collaging! Happy PPF from Number 29 :D

Gillena Cox said...

What cute collage doggie. Thanks for sharing your beautiful orchid.
Have a creative weekend

Much❤👩‍🏫❤love

Jennifer Rose said...

great collage pup :) I don't think a person is doing collage work right if they don't make a mess :p

Miss Marple said...

Such a cool collage! Happy PPF - Irma

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh I love your collage, it is so cute! I imagine I'd be messy at collage too... The orchids are also beautiful.