It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, September 14, 2018

Clean up

I had to do it!
My lanai/studio was a mess.
And the bad thing is that it is fully visible from the living room
My more than patient husband hadn't said a word BUT in anticipation of cooler weather,
I knew he would like to enjoy that space out side.
So everything got packed up and put away and it looks like a nice place to relax, if and when the cooler weather ever comes.
Before the massive clean up, I took an old painting and reworked it.


My daughter sent me a book this past week, Old in Art School by Nell Painter.
First of all, I loved the fact that her name was Painter and she was a painter.
My last name is Art and I enjoy art.
And then I read the book!
This is a great read and I can't wait to pass it along to my arty friends.
We all can identify with her many emotions as she makes her way through art classes.
Old in Art School by Nell Painter
You will enjoy it!


And the blooms on the lanai this week?



Wishing all a Happy PPF

15 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely rework thanks for sharing the book and your flowers are so pretty!

sirkkis said...

Lovely repainting and flower photos.
Happy PPF xx

JFM said...

Wonderful rework on the painting.
Lovely Flowers.
Cleaned-up area for hubby.
The book looks and sounds very interesting.

You have been busy :)
Happy PPF~

Linda Kunsman said...

marvelous looking abstract Susan! Thanks for sharing about the book- I will look into it-maybe our library will have it:) Beautiful flowers on your lanai! Happy PPF!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Always rewarding when we can reuse or remodel older artwork.
Looks fab Happy PPF Tracey.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your repainting. That book sounds great! Well done on the clean up, that's something I keep putting off, time and time again! Your orchids are looking good. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

carol l mckenna said...

Creative rework of your painting and book sounds delightful and am sure your lanai will look lovely when you are finishing cleaning ~ ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores

BrownPaperBunny said...

That looks like a great book, I'll have to check it out. My studio used to be right next to the front door and have french doors so you could see right in, but in the new house it's hidden upstairs...which can be dangerous because I can let it get really messy and no-one can see. ;) Happy PPF!

John said...

Love that piece of re-worked art. I will keep the book in mind. I do tend to read a lot.

LA Paylor said...

thank you for the book suggestion. I like your style, and that you are messy, then eventually clear it up... keeping you moving and making. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Clare Lloyd said...

Love your re work

Lisabella Russo said...

What a wonderful reworked art piece, it has great energy. The flowers looks so pretty too!

denthe said...

I love that reworked painting. Would've liked to see how it looked before. Thnx for the reading-tip! Enjoy the beautiful flowers on your cleaned-up lanai :-)

DVArtist said...

I LOVE this reworked painting. The book sounds interesting. I will look for it in the library.

https://decorcraftdesign.wordpress.com said...

Wonderful piece!