It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, December 7, 2018

Crazy Collage

It is that busy time of year and I think I will find anything to do rather than what I am supposed to be doing.  Does that happen to you?  I get very frustrated with myself.  Another weird thing,
Friday comes and Friday goes and I completely forget to visit my friends at Paint Party Friday.
Then on Saturday, I realize and make a late visit.  I think the frustration with not being able to comment on other blogs is getting to me.  They say I need to use Chrome and we have tried it and didn't like it.  But it is a Google product so I guess this is a way of forcing people to change.
This old girl is too old and too stubborn but it does diminish the experience.

So what have I been doing?
Collage...and more collage, and collage papers (the most fun).


This was lots of fun to do.  I peeled matt medium off my fingers for days.  I am thinking about using a tack iron.  Have any of you used one?  What are your thoughts?  I can't seem to get everything to stick nice and smoothly and think that that might make it easier.  (A Christmas present to myself when I haven't bought any for anyone else).


This is a small canvas glued on a larger canvas.

And on the lanai right now


These blooms were hanging at the bottom of a very large orchid and we couldn't see them so for the first time, I picked them and brought them in.


Wishing all a happy Paint Party Friday and a sane Holiday Season!



8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely art. I use Chrome for blogging and Firefox for everything else. Happy PPF,, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely art pieces Sue. Your flowers are gorgeous especially as we are in a deep freeze in Toronto right now.

sirkkis said...

Your collages are great.
Thanks for showing the lovely flowers.
Happy PPF 🌼

Clare Lloyd said...

Really love the first collage

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Susan, I enjoyed your collages - they're very striking and bold.
Your blooms are incredible... I can't get over their delicacy! That's a beautiful vase in the last photo too. Cheers and Happy PPF, great to catch up with you :D)

Linda Kunsman said...

fab collage art and beautiful looking blooms! I switch between Chrome and Firefox because if one doesn't work right usually the other does. Happy PPF!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fabulous collage art, i've only ever used a tack iron during textile art. It can be difficult to keep those collage wrinkles at bay.
Happy PPF Tracey

DVArtist said...

Wow your art and photos are just beautiful. I am sorry you can't comment. Not sure what the problem is but I use FireFox (Moziila) and don't have any trouble. I also dislike Chrome and I never use IE (Edge)