It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, December 28, 2018

Turquoise

It is a big day for this old girl today...I am 77!
Egads, how did this happen...so fast?
There is some saying about the days being long and the years fly by.
It is TRUE!
However it seems in the 70's the days fly by also.

That said,  being a December birthday, that means that turquoise is my birthstone.  Oh, there are also some glittery birthstones that go with December but in my head turquoise is mine.
And I love it!
I can remember each piece of turquoise I have received or purchased AND where it came from.
Of course, most have originated in New Mexico and that is where I acquired most of it.

So, I played "dress up" and put it all on at once!

And now on to my art for the past couple of weeks.  I dug out my old friend yupo  and here are some of the results.



One of the things I like about yupo is that you can cut it and weave into it pretty easily.

Another thing I like about yupo is that you can lift paint as I did here and in the first one (the dots have been lifted in it).

I have been enjoying another "Abstract" class at our art center.
We have been doing some work with dry brushes and I really enjoy the look you achieve.


And then one more...a collage.
Doing this was a lot like knitting, doing the same thing over and over again.
It is sort of soothing, if you ignore the sticky fingers.
But I collected an assortment of different pages and print.


So that's it!  I haven't been around but I have been playing and visiting your sites.
My computer issues have not been resolved.  But please know I am visiting and enjoying all that you do.  Happy PPF and  A Happy New Year to all.

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy birthday and happy PPF. I had my birthday on the winter solstice. I wish you a good new year, be happy and healthy. Valerie

DVArtist said...

Happy Happy birthday Susan. You look amazing! You are so beautiful. I have to tell you that I love love love the abstract you have created. Just magnificent. I so glad you are able to take classes. I think it helps with a different perspective. I want to thank you for sharing your perspective all this year. Your creativity bring happiness and life. I wish you the very best of 2019 and I will see you next year.

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Susan, love your turquoise. Your work is wonderful and Happy New Year too!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Happy belated Birthday Susan, I hope you had a super day. I love turquoise there is never an excuse needed to wear it. Your Yupo art is marvellous, love how you have shown your different uses of it and your abstract is so fabulous. Glad you are enjoying those classes.
Happy PPF & creative wishes for a wonderful new year Tracey x

Sue (this n that) said...

Lovely to read your post and to see your brilliant art Susan.
I love your turquoise collection.
Beaut to catch up :D)

Recep Hilmi TUFAN | rehitu.com said...

Happy belated birthday!

Lisabella Russo said...

Happy belated birthday! What fantastic yupo art! Your jewelry is so pretty too.

Teresa said...

Las turquesas me encantan y las tuyas son preciosas. Saludos.