It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Sum-sum-summertime!


"No time to work, just time to play because it's summertime"
Haven't had much time for painting this week.  I did paint this one on my 16"x22" yupo paper.
I had done the background a couple of weeks age and added the sailboats yesterday.
When I do backgrounds on yupo, I have to spray and spray...and spray it with workable fixative in order to seal it.  After I seal it, I paint it with a matt medium to make sure no paint  seeps into the next layer.
Wishing all an enjoyable summertime and happy PPF


And from the garden

and

Both of these are cattleya orchids but very, very different.











10 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely summery piece and beautiful flowers!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your sailboat painting, and the orchid is fantastic. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

Summer -yes!!! LOVE your sailboat painting Susan! Beautiful flowers too. Happy PPF!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely sailboat painting.

sirkkis said...

A great painting. Super orchids.
Happy summer 🍓🌞

Gillena Cox said...

Your sailboats are gorgeous. Happy Saturday. Thanks for dropping by my blog

Much🖼🎨🖼love

Sue (this n that) said...

Loving your sailboats Susan - they evoke a real feeling of summer happiness.
Beautiful, beautiful orchids too. I really enjoy seeing them xx

DVArtist said...

Ohhhh I love these sail boats. Wonderful piece of art. Great garden photos too.

Beth Niquette said...

What a wonderful painting! And those flowers are amazing.

Teresa said...

Mis flores favoritas, las orquídeas. Un beso.