It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Monday, November 21, 2011

Orchid care in the fall.

Sunday is watering day for my orchids.  Because it rained last week, I haven't really looked at them for a couple of weeks.  Did they have a surprise for me!  There are buds everywhere popping out of their sheaths.  My dendrobiums have been beautiful but are on the downside of their bloom.  Now the cattleyas are getting ready to burst forth.  The orchid is a wonderful plant.  It likes to be ignored provided you keep bugs to a minimum.  I use Neem oil for that.
The first Monday in December is the annual Sarasota Orchid Society auction.  I can't wait.  It is an opportunity to bid on some different, healthy orchids.  Last year I bought three and all are alive and well today.  Wonder who will be joining us this year...

1 comment:

orchideya said...

You are so lucky to live in the place where you can grow orchids outside! Looking forward to lots of pictures of blooming catts.