It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sub conscious planning

It has always been a pleasant surprise to me what my sub conscious can do
if I just put an idea to rest in my mind rather than worrying it do death
Last week I shared a background that I had no idea what I was going to do with it.
Well, one night I went to bed, had a great sleep and woke up with a plan
I drew the stencil out on posterboard very loosely.

To make sense out of it, I had to fill in the horizontal strips.
Then I went to work with my Exacto cutting out the squares.
I put the stencil on the background and painted the openings black.
I am sorry I didn't take a photo of the results.
I couldn't make sense out of it...again!
I waited a couple of days to let my sub conscious work on it.
And then I went to work shading the appropriate strips.

I taped it to a glass to take the photo so ignore the white stripes on the left.

And here it was before.
I love these backgrounds because they are so unpredictable.
Happy PPF


A little sunshine from my lanai to warm up those of you suffering through a long winter.

17 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

This is a lovely painting Susan. Your subconscious did a grand job ;)

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful colours! Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful artwork!
Happy PPF Susan!

GlorV1 said...

Love your artwork. :) Have a great day.

denthe said...

oh, it's gorgeous what you did with it! It looks really 3D. Such a great idea :-)

Ayala Art said...

It turned out great, beautiful colors... and thanks for the flower!

Özge Başağaç said...

I think it was already beautiful before but now it has a lot energy, looking at it you get curious and start to explore the different parts of the whole composition.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Very, very cool piece and I dig your technique!

Geckostone said...

Wow, how beautiful!!! The process sounds fun too!!!

Viola said...

How creative! I love the colors and the movements in it.

Joy Murray said...

Beautiful colors and movement. Thanks for sharing your technique!

Abela said...

I like the texture and color of these works. Saludos

My name is Erika. said...

The colors of your paper weaving are gorgeous. They say inspiration will pop out in your brain while sleeping, and it certainly did do for you.

My name is Erika. said...

The colors of your paper weaving are gorgeous. They say inspiration will pop out in your brain while sleeping, and it certainly did do for you.

Unknown said...

How fun... you created a woven painting. I did that a few years ago. I painted two paintings of the same subject, and the cut them up and woven them together. It looked great and i had so much fun.

Giggles said...

Gorgeous!! Love this kind of colour mix...Eye candy for me, the flower at the end just tops of this artwork beautifully!!

Hugs Giggles

Carol said...

Beautiful! I love the woven quality of it and the colors are awesome ♥ Love the flower photo too :)