It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, October 27, 2017

Adventures in collage


The cool weather, in Florida that means weather under 90 degrees, arrived this week.
Yesterday I think it was only 74 degrees so work on the lanai will be much more enjoyable.
This week I decided to explore collage a bit more.  Rather than just adding bits, I 
wanted to do something that was all collage.
This one, I started it upside down from what you see.  When I got to the "tree space" I
turned it around and saw the mountain scene and added the trees and called it done.


The second one is in the style of something I saw on Pinterest and had been planning it in 
my mind for a while.  


These were fun to do.  My fingers got awfully sticky with matt medium.
And then I returned to my comfort zone.
This guy was a doodle from many of my notebooks in highschool days.
I had covered an old painting I didn't like with black gesso and just like in school
he emerged on the paper.

Wishing everyone a happy Halloween.


And last but not least (for me anyway) I have a new bloom on my orchids.
I think the excessive heat and rain have slowed down their blooming.
Anyway, here is a cattleya (that someone has been nibbling on).

Wishing everyone a Happy PPF!

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love both the collages, and the clown piece is fun, too. Hope our orchids don't get eaten up completely. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

Fabulous collages-and I love how the first one took on a new life just by turning it ! Fun, happy clown-those are the kind I like to see:). Happy PPF!

Christine said...

Beautiful work Susan!

Faye said...

Great collages, Susan. I think the one with the circles is my fave but the colors on both are wonderful. Beautiful orchid!

Katie Jeanne said...

So, are you saying the first one was a happy accident? If so, I love it when that happens!! I paint most every portrait upside down because it helps me see how the the eyes are lining up better.

Gillena Cox said...

The second piece is definitely my favourite today
Happy PPF thanks for dropping by my blog today Susan

Much love...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful collages, the second talks to me I love the orchid!

sirkkis said...

Gorgeous paintings and Halloween card!
Love your beautiful orchid.
Happy PPF and Halloween xx

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Susan,
Such wonderful collages, and the idea of starting it upside down really appeals - fabulous result!
What a bright and happy clown... isn't it amazing what emerges on a re-painted canvas :D)
Whatever took little bites of your orchid has such exquisite taste. It's so beautiful and I can see the enchantment in growing them.
Happy PPF :D) xx

denthe said...

These collages are beautiful. I especially like the second one. great work!

John said...

Great collages. I like the colours and texture in both pieces.

A Colorful World said...

Absolutely love your mountain collage! I remember doing some in art classes at school. Fun, and so interesting and I love the colors too. Beautiful flower! Have a great weekend.

DVArtist said...

This is just happy art this week. Lovely.

Gloria j Zucaro said...

I really love your two collage pieces. I especially like the one with all the circles.
It was 27 last night her in Chicagoland!

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh your pieces are wonderful! I love the textures and nuances. What a lovely flower too!

Deepa Gopal said...

Gorgeous collage works! They are awesomely colourful and love the feel of the texture too! The clown pic is so Lovely! It stands out in the black background. Lovely flower too!

stefanie stark said...

I love your collages so very much! It's wonderful how you have choosen the colors and arranged them. It's amazing!