It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, October 13, 2017

And Again...

I am still rummaging around in old stuff that just doesn't make it, yet.
This week I thought of one and had to really hunt for it as it wasn't under the bed in the 
usual location but had been moved into my portfolio of signed work.
Don't know why it was signed.  I have never been happy with it.


So here it was.  And here is the background that I loved.

This was created with transparent paint and lots of stamps.


And here it is today.
So, I promise, this next week I will try something NEW but I have really 
enjoyed this journey through old paintings.
Wishing all a Happy PPF

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the transformation, what a wonderful difference. I have a lot of pieces that need a makeover, too - one day....Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

John R said...

The transformation is wonderful, but I think it looks great at every stage. I just like colour, I guess.

Faye said...

I enjoyed seeing your colorful journey through your work on the painting. Beautiful colors, Susan. And i like your blog header very much.

Linda Kunsman said...

I do remember seeing the first painting and loved the background. Well done on your reworked flowers - love it!

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely journey of recreating ~ background is creative and colorful and lovely flowers too ~ ^_^

A ShutterBug Explores ~ aka ~ (A Creative Harbor)

SLScheibe said...

How cool and colourful! The background is amazing and I can see why you liked it so much. The addition of flowers is perfect. Really pretty :)

Christine said...

It is a lovely rework!

sirkkis said...

Really amazing transformation! Love it.
Happy weekend and PPF💕

denthe said...

another great remake! It's wonderful to see how you make new things from old stuff. Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

Beautiful... all the changes give it great dimension!!

Peace Giggles

Anonymous said...

Great reworking, very creative.

Tracy said...

I love that background and what you've done with the flowers.
Sometimes it's fun to revisit and rework older pieces. We are always moving on and these pieces tell our journey. Each layer adds interest.

Miss Marple said...

Thank you very much for you lovely comment on my blog! Have a creative Sunday - Irma

Carol Rigby said...

I always seem to like my artwork more when I look back on it. Happy PPF!

DVArtist said...

Wow that is a bold and beautiful piece of art.

Deepa Gopal said...

Love the transformation! Even I leave it to settle a bit before reworking... :)

Katie Jeanne said...

Oh, my! How this painting changed as you worked. Thanks for posting these progress shots! I love seeing how other artists work.