It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Been wandering and wondering

I have been wandering round the web and wondering how friends from Paint Party Friday
are doing in this new time.
So far, thank God, our family has been spared but that could change in a second.
Today was a first.  I got my sewing machine out (had to google how to load the bobbin) and made us 
masks to wear if and when we go out.
So far our area of Florida hasn't experienced the intensity of the infections that the larger
cities have experienced.  That said, they haven't made much testing available so who
really knows.
I have had lots of time to paint but find I am a bit too antsy to get much done.  I have enjoyed
tinkering with my orchids in hopes of a beautiful display later in the season.
My new header is one of the new directions I have tried this year.  I had an instructor at the Art Center who has really encouraged us to try different abstract ideas.
This is another one of them.


My orchids have benefitted from our being sequestered in our home.  I have new fertilizers and am more attentive to a regular watering schedule so should see some rewards soon.
These are both the same variety of orchid, dendrobium but VERY different plants.
They are my current blooms.
Wishing all a happy (and HEALTHY) PPF








14 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful orchids. Love your painting, great colours and textures.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art and orchids. Great to see you again. Take care, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Your abstract painting is wonderful. Orchids are beautiful.
Happy and healthy Easter 💚🌞

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful,imaginative art and very nice orchids!
Happy and healthy Easte, Elke

Debra said...

Your blog header art is wonderful. Love the colors and the technique of covering up some of the paint. I tried growing orchids once-they are such beauties-I am pretty good with plants, but I couldn't keep it alive:(

Christine said...

Lovely abstract, stay safe. Beautiful orchids too.

John R said...

Love this painting, and those photos. So evokative of spring and Easter. Similar situation here - very little testing so no one knows the true figure of infections. Sadly, there were nearly 1000 deaths here today. Keep safe.

Barbara said...

I tried orchids once and gave up. Congrats to you, it’s not an easy hobby. I love the abstract quality of your painting! My favorite is to use palette knives, but they often fail me. So I end up with an abstract piece. Lol. None are as interesting as yours though!

Sarah Leonard said...

Gorgeous painting and lovely photos too :) Happy PPF from No 23 :D

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your new header and abstract art Susan! I too have taken to my machine to make myself a mask. And your orchids- so beautiful and uplifting! Happy PPF!

NatureFootstep said...

I like your abstract and your gorgeous orchids. They are really beautiful.

The situation in Sweden seem to be pretty much as you describe yours.

Take care and enjoy Easter time.

artbyjune said...

Your abstract header is so gorgeous, such rich colour combinations. Happy Easter!

DVArtist said...

I love abstract and this is really pretty. Good depth and color. My son and his family live in Jacksonville, Fl. They have been working from home for 3 weeks. Times have changes. Be Safe and Elbow Hugs

Sue (this n that) said...

How lovely to catch up with you again Susan. Love the direction of your art and also to see your gorgeous orchids too xx