It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, April 17, 2020

Painting with a brayer

Time slogs on
Am finding that my creative juices really lag.
So I returned to YouTube for some inspiration and found it!
I have been watching Linda Benton Mccloskey (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLM5a9yoYNVlOcV7sT-bwgQ )
So here are my attempts at painting with a brayer.

I really enjoy her teaching and  how she starts a painting.  It certainly helped me loosen up.


Both of these were done on old canvases with  collage and lots of texture using Linda's technique.
If you are in the mood for inspiration, this is a great source.
Wishing all a Happy PPF


15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love what you have made. Painting with a brayer is always fun. Enjoy your inspiration videos. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Debra said...

These are so good! I'm finding it hard to concentrate enough to do a finished piece-but getting outside helps. Stay well!

kathyinozarks said...

Fun piece! stay safe and well Kathy

sirkkis said...

Interesting technique. Stunning texture, beautiful colors.
Happy PPF 🌞

Christine said...

Beautiful work, glad you found inspiration on YouTube!

John said...

Oh, I love this. YouTube is always great for finding some inspiration.

Crafting Queen said...

Two lovely paintings, great colours and textures.

Kristin Dudish said...

I love the textures! I will definitely have to check out your youtube inspiration...

Sarah Leonard said...

I love using my brayer with a gelli plate and for layering paint - you got some really interesting textures there though.Happy PPF from No 24 :D

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful layers in your art! I have not heard of this artist and will check her out. Happy PPF!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Nice textures. I will have to check out this artist.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh wow I love these!! Especially the first one. I have saved her link and will watch it later.

Barbara said...

Spo beautiful, now I’m off to watch video! ☺️

carol l mckenna said...

Creative, colorful and love the texture of your lovely creation ~ ^_^

Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

NatureFootstep said...

cool! I watched a video and might try it myself on some old canvas I don´t want to keep :)
Thanks!