It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, April 24, 2020

Playing with collage

Through out my art journey, I have enjoyed getting messy.
No matter how you try, if you are working in collage, you have a mess.
I have tried using the heated iron and I do the traditional glue method.  No matter what, you still have bits and scraps of paper everywhere.
The process (and the mess) are very relaxing from time to time.
Here are a few samples of my work.

Using old book pages

Using cardboard


I used my own papers here
I used my own painted paper here.

I am hoping every one is healthy and safe from this ugly virus.  Any of you working to keep us safe or to keep our food on the shelves, thank you!  This has been a challenging time. 
HAPPY PAINT PARTY FRIDAY!
























I used my own painted papter here


11 comments:

Debra said...

LOVE this art work!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful collage work. Love the geometric patterns especially. Happy PPF, Valerie

Crafting Queen said...

These are fantastic, love the sea scape.

Linda Kunsman said...

fab work with paper/collage Susan. I really love the boat/ocean one as I so love the ocean and beach. Happy PPF!

Gloria j Zucaro said...

I love your collage on cardboard and the girl without a face on your own papers! Have a good week.

DVArtist said...

I am a very messy artist. It is the one place I can just let go. Your art has that feel to. That nothing prohibited you. Love them.

Tammie Dickerson said...

So creative!! Love your faceless girl!! Happy PPF!

Gillena Cox said...

Beautiful work. The girl without a face need not wash her hands i suppose 🤔 this is funny and at the ssme time sad
Have a safe weekend

Much💛love

carol l mckenna said...

Lovey collage work using different mediums ~ favorite is the sailboat ~ ^_^

Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

They are all great but my fave is the one using book pages.

peppylady (Dora) said...

College are fun to do, anyhow it been a while since I done them.
It been a while since I taken part PPF