It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Friday, March 9, 2018

Paint Party Friday is 7 today!

Congrats to Kristin and Eva
and a big thank you for hosting Paint Party Friday for all these years.

I have been missing these past couple of weeks.  My mojo just up and went.
The new art class I have been taking has really been a challenge.  
That is the bad news.  The good news is that I have learned so much.  I
just am having a hard time figuring out how to apply it.


This is probably 4 layers deep and might get buried this week.  I made myself a stencil of 
stripes and have enjoyed using it in the background.


When all else fails, i go back to an old familiar doodle.
I call it 'floral fiesta' because it reminds me of something I might see in Mexico.
It too is on top of 3 or 4 paintings.  Layers do make the background a bit more interesting.


My orchid this week is outrageous!  Guatamalensis is COVERED in blooms.
Wishing us all a fab Paint Party Friday!

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you lost your mojo. Your paintings this week are great, good to see you back, and that orchid is FABULOUS! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Laila said...

t least you have something to share this week. I always try to make a mandala or two when that happens to me, but it's not always easy to get it all back. Good luck to you finding your mojo back.

Linda Kunsman said...

I don't see any lack of mojo- both your paintings are gorgeous! And your orchids-breathtaking... happy PPF!

Christine said...

Beautiful pieces considering you didn't have your mojo back. Love your orchids, outrageous is right.

Faye said...

The piece with the stripes is awesome! I love it just as it is so don't add any layers! And the lovely flowers do have a south of the border look. Very warming for this cold day.

John said...

Keep at it and the mojo will return. Lovely artwork mojo or not.

sirkkis said...

Love your beautiful paintings 💖

A Colorful World said...

Love your flowers so much!!! Beautiful! Reminds me a lot of the Mexican art one sees.

Neesie said...

I was having trouble with my mojo being very illusive during the end of last year... but I joined an online class and it's certainly fired my passion to art once again.
You have beautiful artwork. I hope your mojo keeps getting stronger and stronger. Happy PPF to you :D

Clare Lloyd said...

Hope u get your mojo back soon.

denthe said...

I really like that first piece. I would consider it finished. And your flowers are gorgeous! Happy PPF!

Gloria j Zucaro said...

Susan, I think your abstract is fabulous! it has your interesting background showing through transparent layers, great values, scribble writing, the works! You just have a veil across your spirit and can't see it, but keep going!

DVArtist said...

Love your art this week. Sometimes we just need a break. Your orchids are amazing.

SandeeNC said...

Hope your mojo returns! That orchid is awesome, wowzers!

myra anderson said...

lovely artwork! love this so much!

BrownPaperBunny said...

There is really something fantastic about that first piece, I keep going back to look at it. :) Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

Stunning orchid. ..and I love the new style too! The good old vibrant floral is beautiful too! Wonderful post!

Peace Giggles

DVArtist said...

Susan you art is just stunning. I am adding your blog to my sidebar so I don't miss any more postings. Also about beads would love to have them contact me at beadwright AT g mail dot com Lets talk about it.