It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Challenge 74, Eccentric Circles

Eccentric Circles

We returned home late last night from a wonderful week in Connecticut,  enjoying the  high school graduation of our oldest grandson.  I love teen agers and this group was no exception.  They were a delightful group of "screenagers".  We are proud grandparents, that is for sure.
And so...while my pile of laundry was churning away in the washer,  I set about this weeks challenge from Laura Harms.  Sometimes I wonder how she comes up with these ideas.  It is amazing actually, that she can continue to challenge us.  I love circles but this exercise made me realize that they are not necessarily easy to fill (and I still haven't exercised enough self control to leave spaces blank).
The laundry is done and put away.  The luggage has been returned to the garage.  Time to get back to life on the slow track.


12 comments:

Sue Sharp said...

Great collection of tangles - many of these are ones I don't see very often. Inspiring...

ledenzer said...

Your fill work within the circles gives the piece charm! Lovely!

Shelly Beauch said...

Cool creation Susan!

Ritu Dua said...

Gorgeous ! love the intricacy!

Unknown said...

Beautifully done!

Terrie said...

I love the contrast of tangles you selected and your circle motif is so very cool.

Dianne said...

This is really great! I love your border around the circle on the left:)

Alice said...

i really like the big banded circle on the left! awesome job! and that circle with the triangle shapes - tucked underneath - looks tough to draw - what an awesome job you did!

Indira said...

The contrast between light and dark is lovely.

Annet said...

I like the contrast between the big circles with a small pattern and the small circles with a larger pattern. They look like magnifying classes!

Eden said...

I think it's so good to enjoy the younger generations!! They can be so fun! I need a new artsy project and this looks mighty tempting!! Your precision is so pretty! I love how placed shadows behind the forward circles :D

minnemie said...

oooooh I really, really like the circles!!!