It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. Helen Walton

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Florida!


I was born and raised in Colorado.
Perhaps that is the reason the Gulf, the beach, the palm trees and the amazing array of tropical 
flowers captured my heart.
I love the sweet smell of magnolias and gardenias on the hot sticky evenings of summer.
I love the fact that my orchids grow and florish on my lanai.
When company comes, there is so much to share with them.  There are the usual amusement parks but better than that, we have an amazing state park, Myakka that looks as if dinosaurs once lived there.
Mangroves in the Everglades
When time allows, we can make a run to the Everglades for an airboat ride.
Many enjoy paddling kayaks in the mangroves along the coast.
Southwest Florida is a perfect fit for us.

5 comments:

Dilip Patel said...

Lovely presentation of Florida, and mangroves look so graphic!

Gloria j Zucaro said...

I love the way you depicted the swirling of the waves in the water, and your edge pieces that come in and out in different designs.

minnemie said...

You really sketch water well. And those Mangroves are so intricate! Lovely work.

Kreanimo said...

Lovely!

Deb Ammerman said...

Wonderful job on your "home" drawing! I think you did a fabulous job with the challenge! Very pretty. :)